Looking for high-quality Linux and UNIX tutorials? This article tells you where to find more than 30 must-see Linux and UNIX tutorials online.
Linux and UNIX Training for Beginners
Free Linux Tutorials for Beginners
- Introduction to Linux – This IBM tutorial is designed for people who want to learn what Linux is and how it can be used.
- Linux Desktop 101 – This 14-week course teaches students how to run the Linux operating system on a PC.
- Hands-On Introduction to Linux – Machtelt Garrels’ well-organized tutorial provides a hands-on introduction to Linux.
- Real Time Linux Introduction – A series of introductory Linux tutorials from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Getting Started with Linux – This 20-lesson course from Linux Online is designed for people who are just getting started with Linux.
- Linux Fundamentals Course – The Shuttleworth Foundation’s fundamentals course takes approximately 18 hours to complete and gives students a basic understanding of the Linux operating system.
- The 35-Command Tutorial – This basic Linux tutorial from BeginLinux.org teaches 35 commands that every Linux user should know.
- Getting Started with Linux Desktop – Novell’s self-study course teaches basic Linux desktop skills. Continue reading